What kind of effect does ozone therapy have on wounds and burns? One of the areas of use for ozone is disinfection, i.e. killing germs. While this property expands ozone’s area of use considerably, it also expands its effect mechanism and area. Regulation of blood circulation, improvement of capillaries and blood viscosity result in an increase in the flow of oxygen to the wounded tissue.
What type of wounds and burns is it suitable for?
– Bedsores (decubitus ulcers)
– Lower leg ulcers (ulcus cruris)
– Persistent wounds of diabetic patients and gangrene
– Skin infections and eczema
– Persistent preoperative and postoperative wounds
– Infected open wounds